When are services?
We offer 2 services: 8:30 and 10:30.
Sunday School starts @ 9:30 and there are multiple classes to choose from. Link to SUNDAY SCHOOL page.
Which worship service is right for me?
The 8:30 service is called our celebration service. Our Praise Team leads singing to more contemporary songs in this more informal service. The 8:30 and 10:30 sermons are the same. Childcare is not offered during the early service but children and babies are always welcome and encouraged to come.
The 10:30 service is more traditional, with organ, choir, children’s moments, etc.
Our sanctuary is equipped with a sound system and screens to follow along in both services.
Where do I go?
Our main entrance is where we prefer everyone to enter and is located at the top of our main parking lot. The door will be opened for you and you will be greeted with a warm smile and a handshake. This is also our hospitality center where from 9:00 – 10:45 there will be coffee, tea, juice, cookies, donuts, etc., and fellowship happens. Don’t be alarmed if you have to work your way through the crowd. Sometimes as Sunday School is ending and our 10:30 service is about to start, our hospitality center can be a busy, but very friendly place.
How should I dress?
We welcome you to dress however you feel comfortable!! You will see an equal number of folks in our congregation in jeans, casual, or suit and tie. Generally speaking summer dress is more casual. Shorts, flip-flops, dress shoes, suits — you’ll see it all here.
We come from all walks of life, our common denominator is Jesus Christ.
Where do I park?
We have our own parking lot with ample room for parking. Parking for physically handicapped persons is also available. VALET PARKING IS AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE! All three levels of our building are serviced by a centrally located elevator.
Will I be expected to give money if I visit?
No! We do take a collection, but your presence is your gift to us. We welcome anyone and everyone! Should you choose to make an offering, we thank you for participating in God’s work here on earth.
When is Communion observed?
We celebrate Holy Communion on the first Sunday of every month. We do so to commemorate Christ’s final meal with the disciples, and to celebrate his resurrection. In the United Methodist Church, communion is open to everyone, regardless of denominational affiliation, church membership or belief. All are welcome to experience the gift of grace offered to us through Jesus the Christ.
What do you offer for children and teens?
Nursery and preschool childcare are available during the Sunday School hour and the 10:30 Worship Service.
Sunday School is available for ALL ages and begins at 9:30. Teens enjoy a very relaxed and unstructured Sunday School program.
All children begin the 10:30 worship in the sanctuary with the adults. After Children’s Moments, children up through 5th grade are excused to go to Jr. Worship. Jr. Worship is a “kid-friendly” version of church. Naturally, any child wishing to stay during worship is welcome. We love the sound of children in our midst!
- Youth Group – Prospect Street UMC has joined with Green Camp UMC & Crosswood UMC to form Camp Prospect. They meet weekly on Sunday, and often have fun activities other days of the week.
- Confirmation – Confirmation refers to the decision a person makes to respond to God’s grace with intentional commitment, publicly reaffirming his or her baptismal vows before the congregation. During confirmation class, confirmands learn about the meaning of Christian faith; the history and teachings and The United Methodist Church; and an explanation of the baptismal and membership vows they will be professing.
- Son Beams – Children from 1st through 5th grade enjoy a time of fellowship, fun, and games once a month.
- Vacation Bible School is held yearly in June.
- Children’s Choir and Bells
- this is a test messageasd;flkjsd;flasjdf;ldskfjs
Throughout the year we offer other multiple youth events, children’s activities such as Easter Egg Hunt, Halloween events, and Christmas programs.